The Website is operated by the Ryan Holmes (the “Company”) as a courtesy to you, and you benefit from the information and points of view depicted there. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update the Terms at any time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates. You also agree that you will periodically check the Terms, as they appear published on the Website, to ensure your timely understanding of any such alterations or updates, and the Company will not have any obligation to specifically send any notice to you of such modifications, alterations or updates.
Trademarks, Copyrights and Restrictions
- This site is controlled and operated by the Company, which may readily be contacted via information or gateways provided at the Website. All materials (the “Website Materials”) on the Website, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, and all written material, is protected by certain copyrights and other rights (collectively, the “Rights”) which are owned and controlled by the Company or by other persons who have licensed their materials to the Company. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any of the Website Materials, unless the Company has given you permission to do so in writing.
- The Company is very respectful about the privacy concerns of visitors to the Website. The Company does not collect any personally identifiable information about you from the Website without your knowledge and consent. Some information is collected by the computers which host the Website in order to enhance your experience there. That information does not personally identify you, and is not used for any purpose other than to help you navigate the Website.
- Information collected in that way includes the type of browser you use, the type of operating system you use, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. By having this information, web pages optimized for a particular visitor’s computer is automatically available to that visitor.
- The Company also uses this information for its own internal purposes, to track the number of visitors to the Website. Again, this information does not identify you personally, and is used only as a tool to improve the quality of information and services offered through the Website.
- From time to time you may volunteer to provide the Company with certain information (the “Personal Information”), being personally identifiable information about you, including your name, your email address, your contact information, and any other information that you provide to the Company. In those instances you consent to the Company’s collection and use of the Personal Information for any purposes that might, in the sole opinion of the Company’s directors, officers, or other assigns for such purposes, be helpful in meeting the Company’s broader objectives. You also agree that the Company may disclose the Personal Information to affiliates or other third parties in order to advance its broader objectives, or in order to provide products or services to you that you have requested. You can, at any time, advise the Company in writing that you do not consent to the use or disclosure of the Personal Information as set out in this paragraph, at which time the Company will cease to use or disclose the Personal Information.
- The Company may, from time to time, provide internet hyperlinks connecting to certain websites (the “Linked Sites”), being websites which are owned, operated, and controlled by third parties. The Linked Sites are referenced on the Website as a matter of convenience to you, and the Company is not responsible for any of the content, views, or opinions contained or depicted at any of the Linked Sites, or for any use made of your personal information by any owner or operator of any of the Linked Sites. If you choose to access any of the Linked Sites, you do so completely at your own risk.
- The Company does not warrant that the electronic or coded functions, if any, contained in the Materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Any written material that you read at or through the Website is provided solely for entertainment and philosophical purposes. All written materials, or other commentary, provided through the Website is food for thought, and not advice or instruction to you, and you are not to rely on it for any purposes.
- Furthermore, the Company is not responsible or liable to any person or entity whatsoever (including, without limitation, persons who may use or rely on such material contrary to the terms of the Terms, or to whom such materials may be furnished) for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character whatsoever based on or resulting from any information or opinions provided in the Website.
- Any notes, message billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted to or through the Website will become the exclusive property of the Company, and the Company will be entitled to use that material for any type of use forever, including in any media whatsoever. When you submit material to the Website, you agree that the Company has the right to publish the material for any type of use that the directors of the Company may think furthers the Company’s broader objectives.
- You agree to indemnify the Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable lawyer’s fees, resulting from your use in any way of the Website.
- Unless otherwise specified, and regardless of the actual physical locations of any computers or computer files accessible via the Website, the Website Materials are deemed to be situated in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. The Website is controlled and operated by the Company from its offices within the Province of British Columbia.
- The Terms constitute a binding agreement between you and Company, and will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such province. Any action you, any third party or the Company bring to enforce this agreement or, in connection with any matters related to the Website shall be brought only in the courts of the Province of British Columbia, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of those courts.
- If any provision of this agreement is deemed to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be severable from this agreement and will not alter the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- The Terms form the entire agreement between us relating to the Website, and will not be modified except in writing and published by the Company on the Website.